Friday 15 August 2014

5 Steps to Self Mastery

20110505-115236.jpg


I was listening to hypnotist Marshall Sylver on a DVD series titled “Power Programming Live” as he talked about the five steps to creating total Self Mastery. It was great! It really answered a lot of questions and gave me a lot of insight.


The five steps are as follows:


Belief


Marshall stated that in order for things to change, we must change. We can’t expect to keep doing what doesn’t work and expect to get good results. This goes back to the definition if insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.


In order to get better results in any area of our lives, we must be willing to change and do things differently. Different actions equal different results.


Personal Programming


The best way for me to explain this is to use the analogy of a computer. A computer only does what we program it to do. A computer will not do any type of calculations unless it has a software program installed that makes it do it calculations.


Same with people. You won’t do what you’re supposed to do unless you program your self to do it. If you want to be good at running a business, you must study, read, work with a mentor or do whatever it takes to program yourself to be good in business. Just saying it will not make it happen so you must take steps to reprogramming yourself for success.


Planning


When I find the need to get back on track, I know I must take some time out and plan. I must get refocused on my goals and write out what I need to do to make it work. If I don’t plan, I’ll be all over the place and I won’t get anything done which is counterproductive.


Planning puts things in black and white and let’s me visualize what I need to do to be successful.


Discipline


This is a tough one for most people. Discipline is defined as a pattern of behavior. If people were more disciplined, they would be so much more successful than they are now. People would set in their minds to do what they needed to do and it would get done. I think this is the core principle to Self Mastery.


Passion


You should be passionate about everything that you do especially if you’re starting your own business. Passion will give you the determination to get up and make things happen. Not because you have to but because you want to. Passion is what makes life fun.


Now that you know what it takes for Self Mastery, go out and make things happen!


Source



The post 5 Steps to Self Mastery appeared first on Robert JR Graham.