Think and Grow Rich – The Things You Need For Success
by: James Mack
When I started my business career, I started in sales and marketing. I found that after trying to teach school and coach baseball, I was a good teacher and a great baseball coach. But I could not stand dealing with the parents. I loved working with the kids. The one thing I was always able to do was sell people on my ideas. It was either belief or sales ability or a combination of both, but I always got my ideas accepted.
I then figured sales was my avenue to success. Actually, I was right. I have been a top producer for a yellow page company, an advertising company and the top annuity producer for an insurance company. I have taught people to be better sales people and make more money. I have turned sales organizations from bottom feeders to kings of the hill. How did I do this? Read on.
I began to study long ago the art of using NLP or Neuro-Linguistic Programming. It is the art of speaking using embedded commands, voice inflection, and reading your prospect. When you master the art of using NLP, you will master the art of selling and get VERY FEW objections. I have studied under the masters of using NLP. Tony Robbins , yes that Tony Robbins, was my first introduction to NLP. I have studied, Marshall Sylver, a hypnotist and success trainer that uses what he calls “Hypnotic Selling”, Duane Lakin, PhD, a master at NLP training for management, salespeople and telemarketing, and Bill Twyford, a real estate investor that is an expert at writing scripts and using embedded commands. These people have taken me to a new level of sales and sales training.
Napoleon Hill when he wrote Think and Grow Rich studied 500 of the richest people in the world and found 17 characteristics of success. Five are so important that you need to know about them. The most important thing is that none of the people were born with these elements of success. Everyone developed these. The first was:
1. A burning desire to succeed. You must have a passion an inner drive that makes winners out of ordinary people.
2. Specialized Knowledge. You can not be a jack of all trades and a master of none.
3. Be decisive in nature. We are trained to think about it. But successful people see an opportunity and they jump on it.
4. Be goal oriented. You have to know where you are going and the process of how to get there.
5. Assemble a mastermind team. Surround yourself with like minded people. They will help mold you and light a fire under you. Check out the next paragraph and see what you think about this mastermind team I have at my disposal.
I studied under master sales trainers, entrepreneurial trainers and internet marketing trainers such as Matt Bacak, Charlie Golick, John Childers, Armand Morin, Tracy Childers, Katarina Chase, Paulie Sabol, Donna Fox, Jeff Mills, Larry Goins and many more. These people are my mastermind team. Check out these names and tell me I have not been mentored by the best of the best! Do an internet search and see if these people aren’t top notch.