How to Master Self Discipline – 5 Simple Ideas
By Vasantha C
Self discipline is a great self improvement tool and an ongoing process that brings lasting results. You can overcome any self destructing habits and empower yourself for a better life. There are always unforeseen circumstances, challenges and obstacles on your way to success and achievement. To emerge successful you must persevere and be strong. In this article we will examine the 5 most important things that help you to master self discipline.
The 5 easy ways to master Self Discipline are:
- Take responsibility: Acknowledging your own responsibility is the first step to increase your own mental strength. Your sense of responsibility will drive you to take stock of what are all the areas where you need to improve and act accordingly.
- Persistence: Never give up and say no to your negative thoughts and get busy to ward off any lethargy or self defeating thoughts. You should develop your resistance power and tenacity. Through this you can set your path to self discipline. Once you set in motion your action plan, nothing can stop you from climbing your ladder to self improvement.
- Visualize the end result: Whenever you feel bored or lethargic, take a few deep breaths and let go off tension and relax for a while. Pause and visualize the actions at hand as if they were already completed. Analyze the rewards or benefits and feel the entire scene in every detail. This will motivate you to continue with your next assignment. This step prepares both your conscious mind and subconscious for a planned and proactive way of everyday living. When you keep repeating the process, the motivation to act will grow stronger and stronger, until a firm habit is formed.
- Develop Will power: Willpower is your pillar of strength. Though difficult to sustain, it helps you to deal with your problems strategically. Try to emulate your role models. It will serve as a source of inspiration for you to move forward in your efforts at self discipline.
- Get Organized: Act with conviction in whatever task you have taken upon. Have a written list of goals to accomplish and a detailed plan of action. Make a promise to yourself that you would complete a task within a given time. So that it gives you the right frame of mind and will help you to stop running away from challenges. Reward yourself for each small accomplishment. Focus on one task at a time. Do not divert your attention and always go according to a definite action plan. Start slowly, but gradually increase the pace as you develop your own skill sets.
It is better to give up blame game which would only spoil your relationships and popularity. Taking responsibility and doing things in an organized way can produce remarkable results. Mastering the art of self-discipline is one of the keys to consistent self improvement.