Friday 15 August 2014

Lets Get Rich Together

by: Brent Wilkinson


There is plenty to go around, lets spread it out amongst us


Are you like me and sick of all these financial experts telling you that to get rich you need to live below your means? That sucks! I can’t even live up to my means. So what does this mean? I guess it means to me that I will never be rich. Well guess what, I have found out how to get rich.


I read all the advice columns on msn.com, yahoo.com, I have just started to read google stuff, but I can guess what they have to say…live below your means. Let me sum up what every standard become rich article says.


1. Live below your means (spend less than you make)

2. Max out your 401 K, or pension plan at work

3. Contribute to a Roth IRA

4. Create a budget and stick to it

5. Start early (oops too late for me I guess)

6. Take Automatic deductions for savings or long term investments

7. Invest now and don’t touch it until you are ready to retire

8. Invest in Mutual Funds

9. Spread your investments evenly over High, Medium, and Low risk stocks

10. Be Patient

BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


For me I guess that advice is to late, to rigid, and to patient. I want to be rich now. I am in my early 30’s, I put in my time, and I am ready to retire now (that would be sarcastic). I still have lots of energy, I want to see the world, and I don’t want to watch the world go buy through my little window on the third floor (that is the serious statement).


So I am changing, and here is how:


Lets first decide what rich is. I am not talking Bill Gates rich. I don’t want to have to work that hard. It would be nice to afford anything…but I don’t want that, I just want to be wealthy. Robert Kiyosaki defined wealthy as how long you can live in your present condition without working. I define it as not having to go into work. That is all I ask. It is not that I am lazy. I am willing to work for what I want, I just have better things to do than to work for other people.


So how do we do it?


1. DON’T WORK. At least don’t work for someone else. It is ok to have a job, we don’t want you to quit, but who are you working for. Are you working for your boss or for you? Work for yourself. The only one who is important is you. That sounds harsh but it is true. You can’t make anyone happy except for yourself. If you are happy then the people around you will be happy. Try it next time you will see. Look at the person next to you. Are they happy or grumpy? How does their mood make you feel? Work for yourself; make yourself happy first, then you can affect others to be happy themselves.


2. Do what you love. It may sound like you can’t make money this way, but that is the next step. Bill Gates, Oprah, Donald Trump, none of them work for money. They all simply like what they are doing, and in doing so they have become rich. I am not saying go out and play golf all day, that won’t make you rich unless you are Tiger Woods. But sit down (without the TV ) and concentrate, meditate, contemplate, whatevertate, and it will come to you. It may seem a little strange but coming soon is another e-book that we are writing that will describe that process. Whatever the case you will soon come up with a solution. Something that you like, that will make you money. For me it is teaching. Of course teachers do not make a lot of money, at least not enough to live on the beach somewhere, but with some creativity, I have found ways that will make me money. The site that this e-book is on is one way. Do what you love.


3. DO SOMETHING NOW. If swearing is offensive to you don’t click on the link. But they are right. Get off your butt and quit contemplating on what could be and do something! Even if it is the wrong thing you are getting ahead. Edison said after inventing the light bulb that he didn’t really make any mistakes, he just found 10,000 ways not to do it. There really is not much else to say. DO SOMETHING NOW!


4. Don’t be afraid to fail. This is the hardest one and goes along with #3. Don’t be afraid to make some mistakes, they will happen. Very rarely does anyone do everything right the first time and become successful. The ones that become successful are the ones who have made mistakes learned from them and pushed on. Usually success is right behind the last mistake. Push on and keep going. It will happen. And to help you out, you have to have the mentality that you are going to do it. You have to know like you know like you know that you are going to be rich and wealthy. It will happen.


Source






The post Lets Get Rich Together appeared first on Robert JR Graham.